Saturday, April 28, 2007

Central Park Hoodie Complete!



Central Park Hoodie is complete! I'm just squinting in the sun by the way - I am happy. It was a lovely day in Glasgow today, and we found this fabulous tree hidden away in Shawlands which looked like a great place for a CPH photoshoot.

Pattern: Central Park Hoodie from Knitscene Fall 2006.
Yarn: Cascade 220 in colour 9430.
Started: August 2006 - finished April 2007
Skeins used - about 5 and a bit for size 36.

Modifications - grafted the hood rather than 3-needle bind-off for neatness.
I found the front side panels to narrow so knat an extra inch of ribbing on either side.

If I did it again - I would knit wider front panels, and probably the sleeves for the size up. It was a bit snug but blocking helped. I'm a 32-34 inch bust and I knit the 36. I think I might knit another in the next size up for 'fat' days.

Skills learned - buttonholes and picking up stitches [thanks Granny :0) ]






A shot of CPH with my newly arrived Gamerchix t-shirt. Personalised with my gamertag 'Vyol8' [violate - get it?] It's a gamer 'club' [2000 members at the moment] for the girls of the Xbox - sometimes it's tough being a girl in a largely male-dominated community, so we have our own online hang-out.


I'm quite pleased with the shoulder seams - I didn't do a 3-needle bind of because it would have required short rows [haven't done yet] so I was a bit worried it would be messy. I think it's OK though.


11 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

Wow - that is sucuh a good hoodie, and a great finishing job, BTW.
India

Kathleen said...

Elaine, you are going to LIVE in that hoodie by the looks of it. It turned out beautifully. I don't have enough superlatives to say how much I think it suits you. x K

Anonymous said...

Nice job and it looks very good on you. :)

Ilix said...

Great sweater! I realy love the colour, I can't wait to get the pattern!
Awesome t-shirt too! Who says gaming is just for boys! :p

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job on your sweater! It looks great on you and perfect for Spring.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Lori

BrownBerry said...

Fantastically done!
"knat" tee hee - I'll have to use that. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow - two sweaters finished already in 2007 and the year is yet young! The CPH is awsome - I love how the cables are so defined in that yarn. I've enjoyed watching it progress on your blog and at meetups. What's next... Rouge...??

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am getting ready to start the CPH and was doing some blog surfing to check out others. I must say yours looks amazing....I am also going to be using Cascade 220, now I know that was a good choice after seeing yours. I hope mine can look as finished and professional as yours. Great job!

Octopus Knits said...

Ooo! Gorgeous CPH, wonderful photos! ... and I agree the Cascade 220 is a great yarn for this pattern. Nice job!

dancingnic said...

Your seams are just lovely! Well done! What's your secret?

Nicola