Sunday, June 08, 2008

Congratulations!!


Lynette, Mags & I were up early this morning to cheer on Lilith (and her RSA) in their 5K Race for Life for Cancer Research at Glasgow Green. There were over 13,000 women racing and they raised 1 million quids!! It was a lovely, and emotional, morning. According to the man on the mic, the Glasgow Race for Life was the biggest in the UK!

... and they're off!


... and 42 minutes later, Lilith and RSA came running past us for the final few metres. I was going to take a photo, but knew that Lilith would have found the strength from somewhere to destroy any camera taking her picture at the end of the 5K. I decided instead to take a shot of her once she'd passed - I've circled her in pink above.
There's still time to sponsor her by clicking here


In other news, Twilley's Tank Top is coming on well. I've modified the pattern to be knit in the round, which seems to be working quite well so far ...

It was my birthday on Friday; I got lots of yarn-enabling money for Woolfest, and some stunning Fyberspates yarn from Lynette to knit Garter Stitch Mitts. I'm really struggling not to cast on for these as I have currently got Twilley's Tank Top and a mystery project on the go, when Pinwheel Sweater remains lying in the corner, unloved.

Speaking of projects I shouldn't be thinking about, Apres Surf Hoodie from the latest Interweave Knits, caught my heart so much that the yarn was bought on the same day, and it is literally taking all my willpower not to cast this lovely one just yet.

PS Central Park Hoodie is still finished and waiting for me to sew on 2 more buttons, block the button band and hood and pose about a bit. Soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

You did well spotting Lilith in such a sea of pink! So glad it went well.
Your Fyberspates yarn is gorgeous, it reminds me a bit of the Art Yarns Regal Silk, the colours are just glowing-enjoy x K