Saturday, July 12, 2008

Does anyone else's cat ...


... do this whenever the heating is on? If I didn't put a towel there, he'd just be up on the radiator without it, frying his little self.


Well, it's nearly that time; the Beijing Olympics begins at 08.08.08pm (2pm GMT) on the 8th day of the 8th month, 2008. (8 is a lucky number in China

So I must cast on when the flame is lit, and have the object ready for blocking by the end of the final ceremony.

The boy bought me the Olympic mascots for Valentine's Day - in order they are Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying, Nini. Beijing huan ying ni means "Welcome to Beijing"!

I've joined the Ravelympics group on Ravelry- they've got loads of great events to join. There's Sock Put, Amigurumi Toss, Mitten Medley, Scarf Stroke, Hat Dash ... I've joined the Vest Vault and plan to make Honeycomb from Knitty.com, using some lovely DK yarn I bought in Tokyo. I've been dying to cast it on since I got it.

So, 17 days to knit a vest top. I think it's doable - I finished the Twilley's Freedom Spirit tank top quite quickly. (I just have to wait 'til my head is no longer full of snot before I agree to publishing pictures of myself on the interweb!)

What of the projects I was to finish in time to begin the Knitting Olympics?

Well ... I have two left to complete; Luna Moth Shawl, and Pinwheel sweater.

Frogged were: Crochet Wrap, Twilleys armwarmers, Branching Out (both of them) and Jaywalkers.

Completed were: The Force Scarf, Summertime Tunic and Glasgow socks.

Do I think I'm going to pass this task? Probably not ... but I'll give it a shot!



Edited to add; Thank you for all the lovely comments in my last post! There were a couple of questions;
The Fyberspates yarn is destined for a pair of gloves, and possibly a hat too.
And Mary's question - yes I was wearing my new Central Park Hoodie at Woolfest - you should have said hi! I know what you mean though, I saw lots of Ravellers and was too shy to say anything to them!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It has been a long time since you felt any love for your Branching Outs or your Jaywalkers at least. Probably wise to rip although it hurts at the time.
I think that Honeycomb tank-top would really suit you. x K