Thursday, February 22, 2007

DK Socks - finished!


The technicolour DK socks are finally done! I bought the yarn for these from Woolfest last June and finished the first sock way back in August 2006 .

Yarn: Schoeller & Stahl Limbo Color Col: 2539 - bought from Web Of Wool stall [less than 3 balls]
Pattern: Free with yarn.
Skills advanced: My kitchener stitch is getting better I think, but I can tell that it's the kind of stitch I will need to refresh on once a month or lose it forever!

I made these socks deliberately different - I didn't want exact stripe matching. I did have a bit of difficulty with the stitch on the heel turn but a quick email to Web of Wool resolved the problem - they were very friendly and accommodating.

I did have to sew up the holes in the ankle - although the pattern said the stitch [with which I had difficulty] would render holes invisible this seriously didn't happen with me. Big line o'holes!






I love them - they are so colourful and cheer me up always!

4 comments:

Twelfthknit said...

A job well done!
India

Kathleen said...

What fancy feet you have my dear! Your toe grafting looks pretty neat to me. x K

Anonymous said...

They're lovely Elaine :0) I thought I liked the right-hand (foot ?) one best in the first picture ..... but then in the second picture it's maybe just too bright for me so I like the left one .... actually do you know, I just like them both !

Heather

Twelfthknit said...

Doing the happy dance!
India