Thursday, May 25, 2006

World Knitting Cup

Ever the sucker for this type of thing I have applied to join the World Knitting Cup and plan to cast on my delicious Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn to make a pair of socks.

Does anyone know of any good online patterns? I'm hoping for something with ribbing and cable. I have from 9th June 18:00 (Central European Time) to 9th July 21:30 (CET) to complete this - which will indeed be a challenge for me!

The yarn project ration I hear you say - but this is a BB-style task and also I'm running out of 'simple' projects and need one on the go for holidays, meetups and KIPs...

There! Justified!

3 comments:

Ignoble Jen said...

Thanks Elaine, I just signed up for it myself.

Anonymous said...

hi elaine! i have the sock pattern book "knitting on the road" which has a few rib/cable patterns, you're welcome to borrown it! also there's ann budd's "broken cable rib" socks which i donwloaded as a free pdf & can email to you - let me know! xo

Elaine said...

Hi Jen
Great! We can motivate each other on when we start to flag.

Hi Lilith
Thanks - have emailed you

xx