Friday, September 01, 2006

Central Park and Kittens


The cutest t-shirt from Threadless entitled: Ambition Killed the Cat. Love it! A pressie from the boy.




And my Cascade 220 arrived from Get Knitted - I tried to take the most colour-true photo. It's a lovely yarn - really cleans up stitches and makes everything 'shop-bought' neat. It's a bit 'sticky' though - I had a bit of a tangle get it wound with the ball winder.

So I'm starting my tension square like a good little knitter and reading about other people's progress on the KAL [plus trying to find out about any pattern mistakes in advance, cos I think frogging this yarn maybe wouldn't be very joyful...]

Other knitting news; I've been carrying on with my hoodie, and also bought the latest Interweave Knits plus the Central Park Hoodie circs from K1 Yarns. Lots of exciting things coming into the shop soon - yay!

And a moth got in, so we all set about trying to smash it to death with rolled-up Knitscenes! It was allowed to live as it managed to escape out of the door and away from the crazy screaming knitters ...

4 comments:

Rosie said...

OOh, I *want* that yarn. And I hope that you've had a migraine-free week, too.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Myself - not a knitter.

Sue said...

Your color for your CPH looks great. After reading your comment on the KAL you read the odd numbered rows from right to left and the even numbered rows from left to right. Hope this helps you out. By the way the cables are on the 3rd row of each set of patterns, so if you remember 3, 13, 23, etc. etc. it makes it much easier.

Sarah said...

You picked a beautiful color for the hoodie. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress pics!