Monday, July 03, 2006

My First Crochet



I don't have the time at the moment to go into raptures about Woolfest so instead I am publishing a couple of photos of my first crochet attempts.

Very first attempt is the bottom photo [Blogger refuses to put them in the opposite order no matter how I list them!] and the second attempt is at the top. Both are [despite evidence to the contrary] rectangles...

I think I have cracked the basics - however, [as with the law of crafting] as soon as I get cocky with it stitches mysteriously disappear from rows!

Och well - more soon - things are getting rather hectic at work as I have just had a temporary promotion as my boss is on maternity leave. My brain - which knows my job inside and out therefore does not get exercised too much - has suddenly found itself having to do new tasks at designated parts of the day, whilst also ensuring that the tasks of another staff member [soon to be 2 staff members!] are fulfilled.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Your first attemps are lookin good. Keep practicing and soon you won't want to say "it's a rectangle".

Ignoble Jen said...

Good luck with work and the crocheting.

I am sure once it kicks in you will be flying! (with both)