Saturday, August 02, 2008

the clock is ticking ...


Some maths ...

The Beijing Olympics is 6 days, 4 hours and 16 minutes away.

There are 34 rows to go on the Luna Moth Shawl.

Purl rows take an average of 16 minutes.

Lace pattern rows take an average of 20 minutes.

There are 17 purl rows, and 17 lace pattern rows to go (plus a cast off row)

That's 9 hours 42 minutes of knitting to go.

Which doesn't seem much in comparison with the time I have until the start of the Olympics, but I will be spending a good proportion of time working full-time, sleeping, commuting etc. ... I think it's probably best if I find time by avoiding housework.


A little more maths; the workings of the Honeycomb vest. I'm just desperate to cast on a fresh project at the moment! It's a real struggle not to.


Our resident garden fox seems less concerned with time and how to fit it all in ...


This was him last night, taking a brief interest in what the weird humans behind the glass were doing, before settling down for a rest in the sun.


Photos by the boy.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Gosh, he's not shy, is he? Looks quite cool but probably discourages the birdies you like watching.
AARgh! Diagrams with sums on them, good luck to you, I know they can be a necessary evil, but they make my head hurt! Good luck with it all. x K