Sunday, August 10, 2008
Day 3 - getting on quite well. My finger's are a bit achey now - but I work full-time, so I wanted to knit as much as possible during the weekend while I can. It's been a lovely weekend on the sofa with knitting and Sky TV.
Last night after I posted I realised that the Honeycomb cable was 'jogged' over a stitch from the rib, and wasn't flowing nicely from the rib. After knitting the cable row (which takes 45 minutes!) I was halfway through the next row when it became clear.
I knat on for another 20-odd stitches trying to convince myself that it didn't bother me. Then I knat on for a few more stitches while I tried to come to terms with the inevitable.
It took a while but I tinked it back before going to bed so that I could start this morning fresh and going forwards.
Because of the twisted rib it wasn't really possible to frog back the 2 rows easily. The rib also confused me and I managed to put all the stitches back on the needle twisted... So a row that already took 45 minutes now took even longer because I had to straighten all the stitches...
The good news is that I'm getting faster at the cable row now, and can do it in front of the TV instead of having to go and sit in the bedroom.
The pattern is looking lovely, but the decreases are not written in - there's just instructions on how to do them depending on whether the decrease row is a cable one or not.
So that's fine, but then the rows after don't 'work' anymore, and I have to figure out how to do myself. It's quite good for learning the intricacies of the pattern, but not so great for a Ravelympics projects, because I don't have time to arse it up...
Anyway, better get back to it I suppose!