Sunday, August 06, 2006

and the rest ...


I had an 'accident' in Amazon - I blame the 'One Click' system that they have for making it far too easy to purchase yet more knitting books.

Yarn Harlot : The Secret Life of a Knitter by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee had me in absolute stitches. Lying in bed reading about her adventures upon finding a moth had me laughing [under my breathe as the boy was sleeping] so hard that the entire bed was shaking ... a total hoot.

I also got Hot Knits which is full of funky [and also a few not-so-funky] jumper designs - my fav by far is a green intarsia jumper - although I have yet to tackle intarsia without crying & frogging, but soon...





And finally, a big thank you to Kathleen for finding these adorable cupcakes papers - I can't wait to find the right cupcakes for these - I think Christmassy ones will be the ones. They're fabulous!

2 comments:

Ignoble Jen said...

I just one clicked my way to reading the Yarn Harlot book too.

Love the cupcake papers, I have been hanging around downstairs in Papyrus beside the baking stuff.

I can really recommend the Nigella Lawson, Domestic Goddess book. I hate the title but it really is amazing and a must have baking resource.

Kathleen said...

Hee hee, when I was in Castle Douglas yesterday I treated myself to the tartan cake cases. Slippery slope, next thing you know I'll be on amazon ordering the book too. x K